Are you desperate to make it as a Wedding Photographer so you can quit the day job?
Are you plodding along shooting a few weddings a year but you’d love take the plunge and go full time?
Are you totally new to Wedding Photography and want to build a portfolio and learn the basics so you can get started earning money from it?
If the answer is Yes, then keep reading!
Delicious Photography is in it’s 8th year now and I’ve gone from shooting Weddings for as little as £250 right up to now charging £1495. It’s been a long and occasionally painful journey but I have loved every minute of it. There have been a lot of lightbulb moments, tears and the ones where i thought i wasn’t good enough! We all have them! I have made all the mistakes possible along the way to building my dream business and I have got a lot to share with anyone at the early stages of their Wedding Photography career or wanting to get into the industry.
I get lots of enquiries from aspiring photographers, wanting to know if they can come along to a wedding with me, or shadow me during the week, and it got me thinking about the lack of structured training available. Training specifically for beginners wanting to build a wedding photography business, and just like that, this programme was formed. It has been running successfully for a year now and I’m looking to work with some more aspiring wedding photographers this year.
How does it work?
The Wedding Photography Mentoring is done over a 5 month period on a one-to-one basis and on dates to suit you (usually weekdays but some select weekend dates are available in winter months- ask me for more info). You’ll have access to a Facebook support group where you can make friends with others on the programme and share work/ask questions. Plus my support on a daily basis through email/phone as much or as little as you need it.
The sessions are done roughly one month apart to allow time for you to implement the things you learn, however, the work can be done completely at your own pace as you’ll be given worksheets from each session which you can refer back to. (Please note- for anyone living further afield, most sessions can be combined together or delivered via Skype)
Session 1 – The Fundamentals
How to get started as a Wedding Photographer- (Half Day)
What we’ll cover:
- My background and how I went from shooting just 4 weddings to fully booking up that year and the next year in the space of one month
- Equipment – what equipment i use and where to save/invest money on kit
- Branding and Ideal client
- Websites and SEO
- Social Media Platforms
- Marketing – including wedding fairs, blogs, Facebook Ad’s
- How I approach a wedding day, every part of the day from how I shoot bridal prep to how I shoot in low light and what to say to couples before the day to avoid a list of 100 group photos
- Customer Service- making the most of every client. How to over-deliver at every stage and leave your customers recommending you to everyone
- Q & A Session – Ask me anything!
Session 2 – Shooting for real
Engagement Session with a real couple (2 Hours)
What we’ll cover:
- Setting up your camera before the shoot/wedding
- Posing and interacting with the couple- this is exactly the same as on the wedding day
- Technical mentoring- how to achieve the style I shoot
- You’ll have chance to photograph the couple and take away portfolio images for yourself
Session 3- Post Processing
Selecting, Editing and Delivering (Half Day)
- Editing Software- An overview of Photo Mechanic, Lightroom and Photoshop
- How to have a fast efficient workflow
- A critique of your images and points to improve upon
- Online galleries
- Slideshow software
Session 4 – The real wedding
Second shoot with me at a real wedding (Full Day)
This session may not take place in this order. You will be offered several dates to choose from the dates i have booked in.
What we’ll cover:
- This will be a real wedding – you’ll come along with me to a wedding as my assistant. There will be no expectation from me or the couple on the images you produce so this is a unique experience where there’s no pressure allowing you to shadow me and learn what a real wedding looks like from start to finish. You’ll be able to shoot the whole day too and use the images for your portfolio
- Learn everything from posing, interacting, group shots, shooting in low light, off camera flash techniques and how i shoot in a documentary style
- There will be chance for a brief chat during the wedding breakfast so you can ask questions
- In the evening i’ll show you how i set up lighting for the first dance using off camera flash techniques
Session 5 – The Plan
Business Plan and Goal Setting session – (Half Day)
What we’ll cover:
- Critique of your latest work and improvement points
- Review of your progress so far
- A personalised action plan using your financial and personal goals
- A month by month plan for getting your Wedding Photography business up and running and making a profit to enable you to hit your goals
- A huge checklist of all my business recommendations- I do love me a list! This will give you a full action plan to take away with you giving you a clear direction on what you need to do to hit your income goals
- Access to a small supportive Facebook group of other Mentees
- My support and commitment to helping you achieve your goals
- Daily phone/email support from me as little or often as you need it
- Worksheets and action plans from most sessions
How much does it cost?
The Wedding Photography Mentoring Programme is £200 per month over 5 instalments so that’s a total price of £1000 for the whole course. The first instalment is payable upfront as a booking fee to secure your place. Each subsequent payment of £200 is due before sessions 1,2,3 and 4.
The course is currently booked up until Autumn, but I will soon be releasing two more spaces for an October/November start, please fill in the form below to apply and you will be added to the waiting list to be offered a place before they are made publicly available. I also offer a one day course Fast Track Mentoring Course.
Due to the nature of this course there is a basic criteria you must meet, I’ll only be able to accept people who already have a basic photography knowledge, you’ll need to know how to work your camera in Manual mode and understand your way around the settings, I unfortunately don’t know how to work every camera on the market. I may need to speak to you over the phone before accepting you on the course, it’s very important to me that I only accept professional people who will represent me and my business in a positive way when attending a wedding or couple shoot with me.
Want to sign up?
Fill in the form below with as much information as possible, the more i know the easier it will be for me to tell if the course is right for you. Don’t be afraid to get in touch if you have no experience at all, the course is aimed at complete beginners right through to those who have dipped their toe in the water with a few weddings! I just need to know where you are up to to make sure the course is a good fit for you.