Learn how to be a wedding photographer in just one day! Everything you need to know to set up a Wedding Photography business.
You might have landed here after looking at the 5 Month Mentoring Course which is now completely sold out until November. Due to popular demand, I have created a one-day version of the super successful Mentoring Course which gives you chance to fast track the sessions by packing three of them into one day! This course is aimed at everyone from a complete beginner, even if you have only just got your head around your camera settings! Through to someone who might have shot a few weddings but you feel like you’re in at the deep end and need to go back to basics and learn exactly what it takes to be a successful Wedding Photographer.
Delicious Photography is in it’s 8th year now and I’ve gone from shooting Weddings for as little as £250 right up to now charging £1495. It’s been a long and occasionally painful journey but I have loved every minute of it. There have been a lot of lightbulb moments, tears and the ones where i thought i wasn’t good enough! We all have them! I have made all the mistakes possible along the way to building my dream business and I have got a lot to share with anyone wanting to get into the industry.
How does it work?
The Wedding Photography Mentoring- Fast Track Course is done in one full day on a one-to-one basis and on a date to suit you (weekday’s). We pack in everything that’s in the full mentoring course apart from the real wedding and engagement shoot, which can be added on as optional extras.
You’ll have access to a Facebook support group where you can make friends with others who are also on the course and share work/ask questions.
What will we cover?
How to get started as a Wedding Photographer
What we’ll cover:
- My background and how I went from shooting just 4 weddings to fully booking up that year and the next year in the space of one month
- Ideal client – How to market to your dream client and book better weddings
- Branding – Making your brand speak to your ideal client
- Website platforms and a critique of your current website if you have one
- SEO- A brief overview and how to get started being found on Google- Free Advertising!
- Social Media Platforms- including Facebook Ad’s
- Wedding Fairs- Do they work?
- Other methods of Advertising
- Access to my marketing materials
- Contracts- A copy of my contract and how to create your own
- Insurance- Best companies to use and what it all means
- Packaging- making a lasting impression with your finished products
- Equipment – my kit list – what’s in my camera bag and where to invest your money
- Preparing for the day- tips to avoid 100 group shots and how to generally prepare for absolutely everything
- Customer Service- how to impress your clients at every stage and leave your customers recommending you to everyone
Selecting, Editing and Delivering
- Editing Software- An overview of Photo Mechanic, Lightroom and Photoshop
- How to have a fast efficient workflow to speed up your editing and maximise profit
- How to create a preset to achieve a consistent style
- A critique of your images and points to improve upon
- Online galleries
- Slideshow software
Business Plan and Goal Setting session
What we’ll cover:
- Review of your current situation and training recommendations if required
- A personalised financial action plan to achieve your personal goals
- A month by month plan for getting your Wedding Photography business up and running and making a profit to enable you to hit your goals
- A huge checklist of all my business recommendations- I do love me a huge to do list!
- How to use the same method that got me two years worth of bookings in one month
- Access to a small supportive Facebook group of other Mentees
- Access to my low budget referrals in the Facebook Group- comment if you’re free and i’ll pass you on to the couple
- My support and commitment to helping you achieve your goals
- Worksheets and action plans
Price – £450 (Two spaces available)
Payment options are available. You can either pay the full amount on booking or schedule your session for July and pay over two instalments.
You can choose to add on additional sessions if you would like to. The below sessions can only be done in addition to the above and not as standalone sessions however they can be done multiple times if you would like to gain more experience with couples or shoot more real weddings.
Engagement Session with a real couple – £100
You’ll be given a choice of available dates to choose from.
What we’ll cover:
- Setting up your camera before the shoot/wedding
- Posing and interacting with the couple- this is exactly the same as on the wedding day
- Technical mentoring- how to achieve the style I shoot
- You’ll have chance to photograph the couple and take away portfolio images for yourself
The real wedding – £125
Second shoot with me at a real wedding (Full Day)
You will be offered several dates to choose from the dates i have booked in- subject to availability
What we’ll cover:
- This will be a real wedding – you’ll come along with me to a wedding as my assistant. There will be no expectation from me or the couple on the images you produce so this is a unique experience where there’s no pressure allowing you to shadow me and learn what a real wedding looks like from start to finish. You’ll be able to shoot the whole day too and use the images for your portfolio
- Learn everything from posing, interacting, group shots, shooting in low light, off camera flash techniques and how i shoot in a documentary style
- There will be chance for a brief chat during the wedding breakfast so you can ask questions
- In the evening i’ll show you how i set up lighting for the first dance using off camera flash techniques
- Send me your images after and i’ll send you a written critique and improvement points
Want to sign up?
Fill in the form below with as much information as possible. Don’t be afraid to get in touch if you have no experience at all, the course is aimed at complete beginners right through to those who have dipped their toe in the water with a few weddings! I just need to know where you are up to to make sure the course is a good fit for you.