A One Day Workshop for Beginners wanting to become a Wedding Photographer
Are you looking to build a Wedding Photography Portfolio but no one will let you go with them to a real wedding?
Are you looking for a course that will teach you how to actually shoot a wedding?
Have you been to a real wedding but found yourself in over your head?
These are all things I struggled with when starting out. I wanted to start shooting weddings but I couldn’t until I had a portfolio. I wanted to learn but on a real wedding the main photographer just didn’t have the time to stop and explain what they were doing. So it got me thinking, what if we had a real couple in a lovely wedding venue and we created each part of the day from bridal prep to first dance as a workshop with plenty of time to talk through each aspect and learn as you shoot? Sounds awesome, right? I ran the Workshop for the first time last year and i’m about to run the second one in November which is now sold out so I have decided to put on another date!
Delicious Photography is in it’s 8th year now and I’ve gone from shooting Weddings for as little as £250 right up to now charging £1495. I have made sooooooo many mistakes along the way and gone through stress and panic to get to a point where now I’m so super chilled shooting a wedding, because I’m prepared for pretty much ANYTHING! I want to share my mistakes with you so you can avoid them and start your Wedding Photography business fully prepared.
So, I’ve put together this one day workshop which is aimed at giving new wedding photographers all the skills and information to shoot their first paid weddings. The day will take place at the beautiful Mitton Hall just outside Whalley with a real loved up couple. We’ll be shooting each part of the day from Bridal Prep, Ceremony, Table Details (Wedding Breakfast), Portraits and First Dance as i teach you how i work and quick easy ways to get the best shots every single time. You’ll go away with a portfolio of images that look like a real wedding at Mitton Hall (minus the guests).
There will be lots of chance for you to take some beautiful images for your portfolio and not only will we have a gorgeous real couple but they will be styled by a team of experts including gorgeous flowers and details just like a styled shoot. Not only will you go away with a portfolio but it will be from a ‘wedding’ so beautifully styled that you can then attract your dream clients.
What we will cover
- How I went from having shot 4 weddings to booking 30 for that year in the space of one month
- How I shoot the whole day including the equipment I use, how I prepare for every wedding and ensure I’m prepared for anything
- Camera settings- how I set up my camera before a wedding and how I shoot to reduce my editing time
- Bridal Prep- How I shoot in a natural way. How to nail shots of the dress, flowers and details without spending ages on them
- Ceremony – How to get the shots you need every time and not miss the all important aisle shots
- Groups – How to get them done fast and prepare your clients so you don’t end up shooting 40 groups
- Couple Portraits – This will be the largest part of the day, I’ll show you how I pose couples naturally without it looking awkward. How to get those gorgeous natural shots of them laughing and interacting at every single wedding. We’ll cover lighting and how to look for the best light and decide where to shoot plus what to do on a rainy day or winter wedding with low or no natural light available
- Off camera flash techniques for beautiful portraits in the dark
- First Dance- I’ll show you my set up and how to get gorgeous even lighting every time. Learn how to create those ‘Starburst’ shots to give your dancing shots the wow factor
Who is it for?
You don’t need to have any Wedding Photography experience for this course, it is aimed at complete beginners. You’ll need to know how to work your camera and set correct exposure using aperture, shutter speed and ISO. I will be covering camera settings but i don’t know how to work every camera on the market so you’ll need to be comfortable with changing your own settings.
You’ll be split into small groups during the couple portraits session to give you plenty of time to photograph the models without everyone watching. I’ll be on hand to help out with posing.
What will I need?
Just yourself, a pen and paper and your camera gear. If you don’t have a flash, don’t worry as i have some you can borrow.
How Much, When and Where?
The workshop will be held at Mitton Hall in Clitheroe, BB7 9PQ . The Workshop will start at 9am on Monday 25th February 2019 and we will be finished around 6pm.
Places are £275 each. The price includes a lovely buffet lunch and tea/coffee throughout the day.
How to Book
There are just 12 spaces available to ensure you all have lots of time to ask questions and photograph the couple.
£125 is payable to book your spot with the remainder due by the 31st January. Spaces are non refundable but can be transferred. Payments can be made by BACS or PayPal.
To book your spot just get in touch using the contact form below and I’ll send booking information.